On Stake, you can open an account in the name of your company or in the name of your SMSF (both corporate or individual trustees). We expect to be able to open Trust Accounts (with Corporate Trustees) Q4 2021.
It takes 10 minutes to apply for an SMSF or Company account, and 3-4 days for your account to be ready, which includes account verification and the set up of a Macquarie CMA (see below).
How to open an SMSF or Company account
It's simple and quick to apply!
If you already have already an individual Stake account, you can easily apply for an account in the name of your Company or SMSF. To get started:
- Simply sign on trading.hellostake.com (make sure you're on the web and not the app!)
- Visit your profile page and under your account list, click "Add Account".
- It will take you through the account application journey. It's the fastest way to get going, as it includes all your details from your existing account.
If you don't have an individual account yet, no worries, this will be created for you automatically during the SMSF or Company account opening. To get started:
- Simply head to trading.hellostake.com
- Click to get started
- Select your region
- Select account type (Individual, SMSF, or Company)
For setting up an SMSF, you'll need to provide:
- The ABN of your SMSF & details of the trustee company or individuals
- Personal details of the directors or individual trustees
- Electronic signatures from all required signatories
For Company accounts, you'll need to provide:
The ABN or ACN of the company
Personal details of the directors
Electronic signatures from all required signatories
Macquarie Bank CMA
When you apply for one of these accounts, you receive a Cash Management Account with Macquarie Bank. Its takes Macquarie 2-3 business days to verify and set up your CMA.
With this CMA, you'll get your own account in the name of your entity, which gives you a BSB and AC # to fund with AUD. You can then come back to Stake and transfer these AUD into USD without leaving Stake.
If you have an existing CMA, you can link it to your Stake account. This saves you time and gives you direct access to your funds to then transfer over to USD. For more information on linking existing CMA accounts, check out our FAQ.
Switching between accounts
You can swiftly switch between your Stake accounts on the app and web using the Account tab. On web, click on the top right and you will see "Switch Account". While on app, it will be on the first section of your profile page (the icon on the very right).
Make sure you select this as the default, if you intend to use it as your primary account.
On web, you can also switch accounts at the point of funding your account, so you do not fund the wrong account.