We work with a number of partners to deliver a seamless, intuitive and safe investing experience.
Some of the regions in which Stake and its partners are regulated include in the US, the UK, across Europe, NZ and Australia.
We work with these partners to ensure that your assets are secure, safeguarded, and insured. All while delivering you a better brokerage.
We’ve set out all the ways in which Stake and our partners are regulated and what this means for you.
- In Australia, Stake is an authorised representative (Authorised Representative No. 1241398) of Sanlam Private Wealth Pty Ltd (Australian Financial Services Licence No. 337927).
- In the UK, we are authorised and regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FRN: 830771) as Hellostake Limited (no. 11676409).
- In New Zealand, Stake is a Registered Financial Services Provider under the Financial Services Providers Act 2008 (No. FSP774414).
Stake's FX transfer partner in Australia (and globally) is OFX (OzForex Limited), an ASX listed FX transfer service. OFX enables Stake to provide customers around the world with a more competitive and seamless FX service inside the Stake product. OFX manages the FX transfers for Stake customers and sits behind each transaction ensuring that customers' funds are transferred in a timely and affordable way to your US brokerage account.
OFX is regulated globally:
- In the UK, by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN: 902028).
- In Australia, by ASIC (AFS Licence number 226 484; in the USA, as a licensed money transmitter (NMLS #1021624).
- In NZ, as a financial service provider on the Financial Service Providers Register (#FSP8041).
DriveWealth provides the US brokerage and execution services to Stake and its customers. It is connected to the relevant exchanges to ensure that orders are executed in accordance with the client’s instructions. DriveWealth, LLC is a US broker-dealer registered with FINRA (US regulator) and is a member of SIPC, which protects customers of Stake who have US securities for up to $500,000 (including $250,000 for claims for cash). You can read more about SIPC on their website.
We work with a number of other regulated partners to bring better & safer access to the US stock market, including:
- Trulioo - For the digital verification services required to meet our KYC and AML requirements
- Macquarie Bank - Providing bank accounts for non-individual accounts (SMSF, Company accounts)
- Tiingo - Our data provider for market and company data you see on Stake
- POLi (Australia Post) - A payment gateway for faster online funding
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.