Applying for an account on Stake should take less than 5 minutes. Not only will you be ready to seize the market in that time, but you can also have a free US stock to your name.
To make your account application super fast, make sure you have your personal information on hand.
This allows us to verify you electronically (and immediately) against the government databases we check.
Sign up & get free stock
We’re all about accessing the US market. So when you sign up and fund your account in the first 24 hours, we’ll drop a free share in Nike, Dropbox, GoPro or a mystery stock into your account.
This will help get you into the market and experience what Stake has to offer.
This applies for accounts in your name (not SMSF or Company accounts).
Tips for opening your account fast
Stake uses digital verification services to make sure your account application is processed quickly and that the service remains secure.
We rely on the quality of the information you provide and checks against government and other databases to verify your identity. This means that, when applying for an account, it's best to have the following accessible:
- Government issued ID such as your driver's license or passport
- Your residential address (entering it as it appears on your ID)
- Your email, as we need to verify your email address
- The additional documentation listed below (in case of a failed immediate verification)
Sometimes there may be a mismatch between what you’ve provided and the information on the databases we verify against.
This means we will ask for additional information including:
- A photo of your government issued ID (license, passport etc)
- A photo of you holding that ID
- A copy of your bank statement or a utility bill, showing your current address
Once you send this information through, we should be able to verify you and get you going.
Additional information for SMSF and Company accounts
For Company and SMSF accounts, you will not be required to upload any documents, but will need to have all the relevant details on hand to get your account set up quickly.
You'll need to provide:
- The company's ABN or ACN (for an SMSF, its ABN)
- Personal details of the directors or individual trustees
- Electronic signatures from all required signatories
For more information on SMSF & Company accounts, please check out our FAQ.